Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Little Brownie Bites

I had such a huge spiritual analogy when I was preparing snacks for my sweet and precious sister’s bridal shower.  I was responsible for providing all the tiny treats that we would need to dip into our chocolate fountain.  Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I had to dice the pound cake into bite size pieces, rinse the strawberries, plate the marsh mellows, and the brownie bites on a pretty glass serving tray.  However, while doing so, I found myself discarding all of the brownies that were not “presentable.”  I quickly tossed them to the side. Some were broken, smashed and not so perfect.  I couldn’t imagine putting those out on display.  Not for an event like this.  Not for all to see..."seriously, what would everyone think?"

WOW!  As I discarded each one, I couldn’t help but think about us (people/humans/the flesh) and how we see ourselves and one another.  We oftentimes have a way of feeling discarded and allowing others to be discarded.  It’s how the world views us, how we view others and sadly, how often we view ourselves. 

So very grateful beyond words that our Heavenly Father sees us so very differently.  He saw us before we were born and His very hands created us.  He did not make a mistake in forming one single human being.  NOT One Single Mistake!

Psalm 100:3 “Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.” (NIV)

Psalm 139:16 “Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.” (NIV)

We are #perfect!
Psalm 139:14  “I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.” (ESV)

We are #chosen!
Isaiah 43:1 “…the one who formed you says, "Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine.” (NLT)

We are #loved!
Jeremiah 31:3 “The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with loving-kindness have I drawn thee.” (KJV)

I remember feeling so inadequate and not so attractive most of my life.  I was very shy and had very few friends. I had insecurities about everything.  Never pretty enough.  Never smart enough.  Never thin enough.  Never this…never that…

PRAISE THE LORD, in walked my Sweet Savior!  He compassionately and tenderly told me that I was His.  I heard a voice unlike no other. He asked me if I could stop being so hard on myself and to see that I was made in His image?!

Genesis 1:27 “So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.” (NIV)

I know that it can be very difficult to see yourself as whole and lacking nothing.  I am speaking from experience as one who has held many misperceptions about herself and believed many, many lies over the years.  One being, I was not worthy to be loved.  No one ever told me that, it was just something that I allowed myself to believe based on my life experiences.

ALL Lies from the enemy! 
“he…does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.”

We continually allow negative images and negative words to dance around in our heads and we need to stop and replace them with God’s Word, God’s truth and God’s LOVE!  He is the only One who can reprogram our thinking and beliefs.  We cannot do it on our own. It will not happen overnight, but it will surely happen over time.

I received Salvation at the age of 43 and I turned 51 this year.  I still tend to beat myself up about my [weight] but that’s only because I fail to properly eat right and exercising is not my #bliss.  BUT in every other area of my life, God’s WORD has taken root and I know that I am so deeply loved, so perfectly accepted, so incredibly smart, so one-of-a-kind beautiful and so #forever HIS!

Let's make today the day that you begin to shake off the negative and replace it with the #positive!  One layer at a time.  One day at a time. One bible verse at a time.  Allow the Holy Spirit to walk with you through the scriptures and lavish His unconditional love on you.  With the HELP of the Holy Spirit, you will be and can be made new!

*NOTE: Also be very mindful of the company you keep.  Surrounding yourself with likeminded people, those who will encourage and support you will have a huge impact on how you feel as you move forward in your new journey.  Misery loves company so beware of those who have no interest in seeing you prosper in God's will.  That can even include those closest to you.
 
2 Corinthians 5:17 "This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!" (NLT)

Romans 12:2 “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.” (NIV)
 
I hold my head high and I will walk in the belief that I lack nothing....even when the bathroom scale tells me something different :-)
 
-Yet, another day to praise Him...