Sunday, June 14, 2015

A Dread or A Delight?

Greeting the day...

“How do you feel?”

“Do you oftentimes dread another day?”

Is your demeanor similar to the famous commercial where the parakeet continually repeats after his owner stating, “Not another day…?”

“Is that how you feel too or are you even aware of how you greet the #gift of another day?”

There are so many things, many being necessary, in our day-to-day life that can demand our attention.  Starting with our morning routines: “Does yours look anything like this?”

Alarm clock...
Shower...
Breakfast...
Running late...
Traffic...
Drop kids off at school...
Demands in the workplace...
Errands...
Homework...
Dinner...
Chores, grocery, cleaners, doctors…and the list goes on and on (and not to mention the bills…)

“Where is God?  Do you include Him or even invite Him into your day?”

“How different would our morning be if we began with Him; if we were to delight in His presence first thing?”

You are not alone.  There is Someone willing to walk you through your day beginning at first light. <>< Psalm 148:3 “Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you.” (NLT)

Try greeting the day with a #gratefulness, being reminded that many did not wake up at all.  There are even some who are in fact bedridden and unable to move about freely.  Not only that, I am quite certain that there are some who cannot leave their beds but still manage to delight in His glorious presence. 

When we allow life to get the best of us, we can easily forget that not only do we still have breath, but that we actually still have the ability to read, write, hear, taste, feel, touch, smell, create, choose, explore, dream and so much more; all because we are blessed by the Creator of the Universe and the #giver of all things good. <>< James 1:17 “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” (NIV)

In the midst of our daily lives and all that it entails, we have a loving Savior who wants to come along.  “How cool is that?” <>< Hebrews 3:5 "... I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Not only do we have so much on our to-do list, but we often have some (people)  on that list as well.  And, some of those people are difficult and even resistant…but #praise God that Jesus is not.  He is so willing to accompany us in our activities, chores and not so pleasant tasks.  He will even make the path clear before we begin. <>< Proverbs 3:6 “Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.” (NLT)

We depend way too much on ourselves, our own strengths and the strengths of others before we fall into complete exhaustion.  We allow the monotony and the mundane to run us down to nothing, continuously forgetting that He is our burden bearer. <>< Psalm 55:22 “Give your burdens to the LORD, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.” (NLT)

<>< Matthew 11:29 “Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” (NIV)

Let's try to put away the DREAD of life and replace it with DELIGHT! He wants to give us our heart’s desire and that includes something as simple as a great cup of coffee or something even much more amazing like that "dream vacation."  All things big and small can be gifted to us as we put Him first and make Him our delight!

<>< Matthew 6:33 “Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.” (NLT)

<>< Psalm 37:4 “Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” (NIV)

I have learned these things over time and looking back at my life and all the times where I desperately struggled to hold it all together, I still burst into laughter.  Realizing that I did not have to do it on my own was so foreign to me.  Knowing that Jesus wants to accompany me in my daily routine and knowing that He has already made a path for me, that alone gives me reason to #delight in Him.  Even if the attendant messes up my coffee order and even if I never get the #dream vacation.

I’ll take the companionship of Jesus hands down!

Yet, another day to praise Him