Monday, June 8, 2015

A New Life

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (KJV)

I love this version of 2 Corinthians 5:17 because it includes the word [all].

With a promise like that, how could I not love Him?

My past was a complete mess.  I was all dressed up with my business suit, stilettos, and famous smile, but underneath it all, I was broken, exhausted and afraid that someone would eventually find out.

What amazes me about my journey with Jesus is that He knew.  Nothing that I did was ever hidden from Him. "Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." Hebrews 4:13 (NIV)

There goes that word [all] again.  Nothing I ever did was in secret.  Even when I mustered up the strength to make it through another day, reached the threshold of my door and collapsed into my deep rooted insecurities, He was there.

This blog is my way of expressing my love to Him and also in hopes that at least one other person feels the way that I did and still sometimes do.  He has indeed given me a new life and as a result of that precious gift, the enemy of my soul wants to continually remind me of who I used to be.

I draw daily from the strength that He has promised to see me through this journey to completion. "For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13 (NLT)

I have been His beloved daughter since May 4, 2008, and He has not failed me yet.  And, now that I type that very sentence, I am reminded by His Holy Spirit that He has always been there.  "You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." Psalm 139:16 (NLT)

-Yet another day to praise Him...